About your Chef Instructor.........
Geoff Tintinger Is an award-winning, progressive chef and hospitality professional who has been providing services for the past 25 years to some of the most unique establishments in the world. From 5 and 6 star resorts in the Indian Ocean, Michelin star restaurant in Europe and hotels from Johannesburg to Tofino his blend of creative flair and passion for food, strong business sense and engaging interpersonal skills make for a welcome addition to any team. With the attitude of “no small jobs, only small people" he is a perfect freelancer whose services are more often worth far more than his invoices. He is happiest cooking and creating, making great food in a dynamic kitchen.
• Trained under Chef Francois Lassalle in classic French cooking (of The Dorchester and Meikles), and worked with noted chefs Tim Bouget (from the Roux brothers), 2 star Michelin Chef Jean Louis Chezead (as Exec Sous Chef), Christophe Mihy, Francois Lassalle, Howard Bowen, Pierangelo Cornaro and Dr. Bill Gallagher.
• Contract Consultant for Woods Alehouse (Paddockwood brewery) Reef restaurant group and ESS Compass Canada, as well as Lemuria Resort and Thornybush resort. Upgrading to five stars and repositioning brands in Sun international from 4 diamond to 3 star
• Lodge General Manager and F&B managers in Restaurants in Tofino Bowen and Alberta in some cases managing budgets of over $1.3 million per month in food purchases
• Worked as consulting chef for Lemuria resort (Relais & Châteaux) and Thorny-Bush Resort two of the top resorts in the African Indian Ocean Arena.
• Featured in Style magazine and Food and Home magazine as one of Johannesburg’s top 7 chefs
History of clients / companies from 1983 to present
Outland Catering 2017 -2018
Coast Harborside Victoria, Chef
Compass Group, Wabasca-Desmarais AB Lodge Manager 2013 - 2015
PTI Group, Fort McMurray AB F&B Director / Chef 2010 - 2012
Daniel Hospitality, Vancouver BC, Chef 2008 - 2010
Eurest Compass Group, Vancouver BC Unit manager / Chef 2007 - 2008
Union Steamship Marina, Bowen Island BC Chef 2005 - 2007
Long Beach Lodge Resort, Tofino BC Chef 2004 - 2005
Vieux Kitzbühel, Montreal QC Chef 2002 - 2004
Sun International Resorts, Johannesburg South Africa Chef 1995 - 2000
Executive Chef of the Morula Sun,
Executive Sous Chef at the Sun City Hotel and the Cabanas Hotel.
Beachcomber Resorts, Mauritius Chef 1989 - 1994
Thornybush Resort, South Africa F&B consultant 2002 - 2002
Michelangelo, Johannesburg, South Africa Chef 2000 - 2001
Lemuria Resort, Praslin, Seychelles Chef 1999 - 2000